Truffle based products
Paciotti Salumi

The scent and taste of truffles in all its shapes!

TRUFFLE IS THE COMMON NAME THAT IS GIVEN TO THE IPOGEI MUSHROOMS, BELONGING TO THE KIND TUBER AND CONSEQUENTLY TO THE FAMILY TUBERACEAE, CLASS OF THE ASCOMICETI.

Being a hypogeal mushroom, the truffle grows and ripens in the ground below the roots of some types of trees, especially oaks and holm oaks with which the fungus establishes a symbiotic relationship, called mycorrhiza, through which the truffles produce the precious sporocarp. They consist of an outer wall called peridium, which can be smooth or sculpted and of a variable color from light to dark. The inner part, however, is called gleba and its color varies from white to black or pink to brown. On its surface there are more or less broad veins that delimit the alveoli, in which are embedded large cells (the aschi) containing the spores. The conformation of the peridium, the glebe, the aschi and the spores makes it possible to recognize and identify the type of truffle.

For 80% of its mass, the truffle is made of water, while the remaining 20% โ€‹โ€‹of ash, total nitrogen, non-protein nitrogen, proteins, lipids, soluble carbohydrates and dietary fiber. For its conservation it is advisable to wrap it in absorbent paper, place it inside a plastic or glass container and store it in the lower part of the refrigerator (0/4 ° C) up to a maximum of 2/3 days. If you want to use it over this time we recommend freezing. Consumed in a moderate way it favors the digestion, it has only 31 Kcal per 100 grams and is considered a food with aphrodisiac properties.

PRECIOUS BLACK TRUFFLE
Although you indicate the white truffle as the most prized, there are many to prefer the black truffle that with its exquisite taste is also called sweet black. The gleba is black-brown tending to violet or reddish, with thick and thin whitish veins and with well-defined contours, accompanied by two translucent brown bands on the sides, the surface presents pyramidal warts and reddish hues.

WHITE TRUFFLE
The white truffle, or better known as the white truffle of Alba, is certainly the most precious truffle variety both from an economic and gastronomic point of view. The gleba is unmistakable, it is white and yellow-greyish with very small white veins. The surface is smooth ocher yellow or olive-yellow, sometimes also greenish-gray.

Olio extra-vergine al tartufo bianco

Fine dressing flavored with white truffle-based Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We recommend a used raw to enhance the flavor. Very suitable for sandwiches, pasta dishes and meats.

Paté di tartufo nero

Only black truffle, very little extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt … a real treat that makes it easy to successfully implement even the most demanding recipes.
Raw Use it to make sandwiches and toast, to season rice and pasta, to exalt cheeses and vegetables, or even as an ingredient for a successful high class recipes.

Tartufo bianco fresco

Tuber magnatum pico, normally called white truffle, is the variety of the most valuable truffle ever from the alimentary point of view. For his intense but delicate, unique flavor and the wide possibilities of use in the kitchen is the most sought after truffles and more appreciated by chefs from around the world. Its dimensions are variable and in the media vary from the size of a walnut to that of a large orange, but they can reach in some cases, even those of a large cantaloupe, making the happiness of those who gleans.
The outward appearance of the Tuber magnatum pico is more or less that of a potato, not very regular shape, especially if the source terrain did not allow a free growth for its hardness or to the presence of stones or roots of plants. In some cases, however, in the presence of friable soils, its appearance is smooth and smooth, these examples have a higher commercial value.

This site uses cookies necessary for the operations outlined in the cookie policy. If you want to learn more or opt out of all or some cookies see the cookie policy. By clicking on the I Agree button you authorize the use of cookies.

I AGREE